After reading about QED and considering the qualifications above, if you wish to apply, please use the online application form above.
Alternatively, if you are too old-fashioned to use an electronic form, you can e-mail your curriculum vitae, github link, and a few paragraphs about yourself and why you want to work with us to: email@example.com
Please ensure that your CV includes the following basic details:
- Professional work experience, with durations.
- Educational history, with degrees and GPAs listed.
- Computer languages known with number of years of experience in each.
- Awards of any sort.
- Any academic publications or deployed software/hardware applications.
- Academic projects can be listed, but should be clearly delineated from work projects.
We would also like to know:
- Something interesting about you that may be unusual or exceptional
- Links to a project on github/bitbucket that you are proud of, where we can review samples of your code.
- How you heard about us, and why you are potentially interested in working with us.
Lastly, some remarks on expectations. The term “too big to fail” has been used to justify bailouts for large corporations. We propose an alternative mantra, which is, “too big to succeed”. When working at a large corporation, responsibilities can be obfuscated or diminished by the fact that many staff are only small cogs in a +50,000 cog machine. High levels of bureaucracy, minuscule project ownership, and constant meddling from business agents all make innovation very difficult.
The second contrarian mantra we are inventing is, “too small to fail”. While the paths that smaller companies take may be unconventional, we are also not allowed to fail, because no one is there to bail us out. Consequently, our expectations are at least comparable if not higher than that of many well-known tech companies, as inefficiencies cannot be sustained.
In closing, we seek people eager for a challenge in taking on greater levels of responsibility, are truly passionate about their craft as not just something they do for work but also for fun, and are interested in the application areas that we are working in. If this sounds like you, we would really like to learn more about you.